Who I Work With:
As a psychoanalytic therapist I am open to working with anyone who has the courage to face very difficult issues.
What I have discovered over the last 20 years is that the bulk of my patients tend to be educated professionals who, despite impressive skills and resumes, have run into repetitive patterns of relationship trouble or professional conflict. They seem to have trouble enjoying the fruits of their often considerable labor and cannot seem to get enough success to sooth their anxiety and doubt. They are intensely driven but rarely satisfied even with the most impressive of accomplishments. Their family life is often in grave and immediate danger. Addictions are common. Shame and guilt, acknowledged or not, even more so.
If this sounds at all like you, if you fit in any of the below categories or want to address any of the listed common issues, call for an initial consultation. And may I suggest doing so sooner rather than later, because these issues do not improve by themselves. If you can find the courage to work half as hard on these issues as you have on your career, you’ll be fine.
I now work with all of these populations and on all of the issues listed below either live in my office in Seattle or using Distance/Online technologies. Please take a look at the Distance/Online Therapy to see if this opens doors for you.
- Business Executives/Managers
- Law enforcement
- Athletes/Sports Psychology/Peak Performance
- Musicians and Artists
- Gay Men and their Partners
- IT Professionals – Programmers/Architects/Managers
- Motivation, Consulting, Mentoring
- Understanding Infant, Child, and Adolescent Development
- Pre-Marital Therapy
- Blended Families/Step Parenting
- Marital Therapy: Healing or Divorcing
- Parenting Evaluations
What I Work With – Common Issues:
- Addictions : Alcohol/Drugs/Gaming/Video/Sex/Porn Addiction
- Relationships, Love, Intimacy, and Conflict Resolution for Individuals and Couples
- Asperger’s/Autistic Spectrum/Adult ADHD
- Grief and Loss
- Blocked Ambition and Creativity
- Infant/Child/Adolescent Development
- The Gifted
- Divorce Counseling
- Learning and Anxiety Disorders
- Disruptive Behavior